FOIA and Privacy Act
Freedom of Information Act Requests
This office processes requests for Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD) Orlando records under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. 552.
It adheres to the policy and disclosure regulations set forth in 32 CFR Part 286, and is responsible for implementation of objectives and policies
of the Secretary of the Navy's Freedom of Information Act Program, SECNAVINST 5720.42G.
To Submit A FOIA Request
1. Your request must be in writing and should state “This is a Freedom of Information Act Request”.
2. Describe the specific record(s) under the cognizance of Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division you are seeking with enough detail so that a knowledgeable agency official can locate the record(s) with a reasonable amount of effort. Details should include descriptive information, time frame to be searched, full names and any other information that may assist in identifying the subject of the request.
3. The more information provided, the better opportunity there is to determine if the records still exist and where. The Freedom of Information Act clearly states that records must exist at the time of the request. Agencies are not required to create a record(s) to comply with your request. Also, the Freedom of Information Act does not require agencies to answer questions, venture opinions, or conduct independent inquiries to satisfy queries from the public. Please ensure your request asks for records, not answers to questions.
4. Freedom of Information Act authorizes agencies to estimate and collect fees associated with the search for, review and duplication of federal records. State your willingness to pay for all fees or those fees up to a specified amount. If requesting a fee waiver, please provide supporting information or documentation to justify a fee waiver under 5 U.S.C. 552 (a)(4)(A).
5. If requesting expedited processing of your FOIA request, please provide supporting information or documentation to justify expediting your request under 5 U.S.C. 552 (a)(6)(E).
6. Be sure to include your name, email address, complete mailing address, and phone number. Per DoD 5400.7-R_AFMAN 33-302, C18.104.22.168 (Added), armed forces military and civilian employees should not use government equipment, supplies, stationary, postage, telephones, or official email or mail channels to make FOIA requests. FOIA requests must be made utilizing non-government resources.
7. For NAWCTSD, there are two options for FOIA submissions:
- Email to: [email protected]
- Mail to: Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division, ATTN: FOIA Coordinator, 12211 Science Drive, Orlando FL 32826-3224
5 U.S.C. 552
32 CFR Part 286
SECNAVINST Instruction 5720.42G