FASST performs fleet-focused life cycle support of PMA209 out-of-production avionics
systems. Our primary mission is to ensure fleet safety and readiness at the lowest
possible cost. There are more than 200 PMA209 out-of-production systems in the FASST
product-line. These include communication, navigation, flight mission information,
and flight safety systems. Our lifecycle support effort addresses the hardware system
along with all associated support equipment, technical data, support equipment and
lab test equipment needed to allow effective fleet mission execution. Key Focus
Areas for (FASST):
Proactive Supportability Analysis
Ongoing Fleet Operation and Sustainment Cost Reduction Efforts
- Predicts the long term supportability posture of the PMA209 out-of-production systems
- Addresses supportability and sustainment issues to ensure effective fleet mission
Life Cycle Support of the PMA209 Common Avionics Out-Of-Production System Product
- Identify Fleet reliability and maintenance cost drivers.
- Implement product and maintenance process improvement efforts to address the issues
Fleet Support Team
- Performs parts obsolescence-related redesigns to reduce lifecycle cost.
- Ensures that all avionics products will allow Fleet mission execution for their
planned service life.
Operations and Maintenance, Navy (O&M,N) Budget Services
- Provides technical and logistics support assistance to the fleet as a service to
FASST and all PMA209 in-production Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Provide consultation support and management oversight across PMA209 for the O&M,N
Common Flight Information Recorder Analysis Lab (CFIRAL)
- Provide fleet and NAVAIR hardware and software consultation services to allow effective
life cycle support of the out-of-production systems product line.
- Provides a Center of Excellence for Navy flight data recorder downloads in the event
of a fleet aircraft mishap.
The Fleet Avionics Sustainment and Support Team can be reached via email at