Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3)
The E3 test facilities at Patuxent River provide test and evaluation of aircraft, weapons systems, and components. The primary function of the E3 facility is to provide MIL-STD-461/464 evaluation capabilities to the Navy and DoD.
Typical sses - Flight clearance requirements, safety-of-flight-test, systems and subsystems compatibility with electromagnetic environment, E3 testing at one convenient site, battlefield operability.
T & E Capabilities include:
- MIL-STD 461/464 Testing
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) detection
- Mobile Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Electromagnetic Vulnerability (EMV)
- Precipitation Static (P-STATIC)
- Electorstatic Discharge (ESD)
- Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP)
- Directed Energy weapons test
- High-fidelity stimulation while performing E3 tests
- Safety-of-Flight testing